About Iowa DUI Attorney Bryan Goodman
At the Goodman Law Firm, L.L.C., in Sioux City, Iowa, I focus almost exclusively on drunk driving cases, so you can trust that I have in-depth knowledge of the law. I have attended many of the same training courses developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that police officers are required to complete. I am currently the only attorney in Sioux City, Iowa, area who is a certified DWI Detection and Standardized Sobriety Testing Instructor.
I am equipped to handle even the most serious drunk driving cases, including allegedly driving under the influence of drugs, driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) and when impaired driving leads to an injury or accident.
A History of Success in Iowa Drunk Driving Cases
Throughout my career, I've handled hundreds of OWI/DUI cases. But some of them stand out as memorable wins for clients who could have had their lives permanently changed by a drunk driving arrest. I've won cases, including:
- A client from Georgia who was here on a work visa for an international company. If he had been convicted or plead guilty, his entire family would have had to leave the country. They would have lost their home, friends and entire way of life here in America. After a 3-day trial, the jury returned a 'not guilty' verdict following mere minutes of deliberation.
- An EMT who had wanted to be a firefighter his entire life. He had a pending job offer but was almost denied the job because of a drunk driving arrest. We took the case to a jury trial and won. The jury returned a 'not guilty' verdict.
- A client in recovery who, even though he was sober, was repeatedly targeted by police. When he was stopped and arrested for allegedly driving under the influence of meth, we tried the case before a judge. He was found 'not guilty.'
What to Expect When You Call the Goodman Law Firm, L.L.C.
When you call me to talk about your OWI/DUI case, you can expect a straightforward and nonjudgmental conversation from someone who is on your side. I'll review your preliminary arrest report, and then call you back to talk with you about what you're up against and the next steps to take.
If you choose to hire me as your DUI defense lawyer, we'll complete a representation agreement. I will review all the evidence against you, and we'll discuss the best way to win your case. You'll have access to every court document 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And you'll be able to see the court calendar so you know exactly when I'm arguing motions or taking your case to trial.
You'll be working directly with me, not an inexperienced associate. If you ever have any questions about your case, you can call, text or email me. Contact me at 712-223-9621 or send me a message online to get started with a confidential consultation.
Professional Education and Certifications
- DWI Detection & Standard Field Sobriety Testing (2013 Curriculum) - 24 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- DWI Detection & Standard Field Sobriety Testing (2015 Curriculum) - 8 hour Refresher covering the updated 2015 curriculum, and also Co-Instructed the 24 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- DWI Detection & Standard Field Sobriety Testing Instructor - 32 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) - 16 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety
- Drug Recognition Expert Course - 24 hour overview of the Drug Evaluation and Classification Training Program
- Datamaster DMT Operator's Training- 24 hour advanced course covering the science, technology, data analysis, and defense strategies with the Datamaster DMT breath testing machine
- Defending a Datamaster DMT Case Without an Expert - 8 hour course covering the science, technology, data analysis, and defense strategies with the Datamaster DMT breath testing machine.
- NACDL/NCDD DUI Seminar - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 - Annual 3 day seminar focusing on the art and science of DUI/OWI defense
- NCDD - Science As Your Best Defense - 2015 - The Science and Law of Blood and Breath Alcohol Testing
- NCDD Winter Session - 2016 - Cannabis and Cars: What You Need to Know to Defend a Marijuana DUI Case
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Morningside College, Bachelor of Arts (BA Philosophy)