I believe that everyone deserves fair, aggressive legal representation. To me, you are not a case number: you are an individual with a life, hopes, dreams and responsibilities. I will respect your needs, explain your options and defend your rights at every opportunity.
If you are looking for a criminal defense attorney who knows the judges, prosecuting attorneys and the criminal court system, you’ve found your attorney. If you're looking for an attorney with the experience and specialized training needed to make sure your rights are upheld and your case is aggressively defended, you've found your attorney.
With over 10 years of criminal defense experience, I have successfully represented individuals charged with OWI/DUI, drug offenses, assaults, and both misdemeanor and felony offenses. I have recently focused on specialized training in OWI/DUI defense, including attending the same courses offered to police officers so that I understand the nuances of these situations as well as the arresting officer does. I have even completed the Instructor Course in DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing. You can be confident that you're working with an attorney who knows this training better than the officer. As a certified Field Sobriety Instructor, I am able to pick apart the arresting officer's testimony based on his or her failure to properly instruct, administer, and score the roadside field sobriety tests. This can make the difference between a conviction and having the charges against you dismissed.
I am available for consultations and can help you understand the choices you face. Don’t risk your precious freedom on anyone with less experience and knowledge. Call me today.
Professional Education and Certifications
- DWI Detection & Standard Field Sobriety Testing (2013 Curriculum) - 24 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- DWI Detection & Standard Field Sobriety Testing (2015 Curriculum) - 8 hour Refresher covering the updated 2015 curriculum, and also Co-Instructed the 24 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- DWI Detection & Standard Field Sobriety Testing Instructor - 32 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) - 16 hour course recognized by the National Highway Traffic Safety
- Drug Recognition Expert Course - 24 hour overview of the Drug Evaluation and Classification Training Program
- Datamaster DMT Operator's Training- 24 hour advanced course covering the science, technology, data analysis, and defense strategies with the Datamaster DMT breath testing machine
- Defending a Datamaster DMT Case Without an Expert - 8 hour course covering the science, technology, data analysis, and defense strategies with the Datamaster DMT breath testing machine.
- NACDL/NCDD DUI Seminar - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 - Annual 3 day seminar focusing on the art and science of DUI/OWI defense
- NCDD - Science As Your Best Defense - 2015 - The Science and Law of Blood and Breath Alcohol Testing
- NCDD Winter Session - 2016 - Cannabis and Cars: What You Need to Know to Defend a Marijuana DUI Case
Woodbury County Bar Association
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Morningside College, Bachelor of Arts (BA Philosophy)